Sunday, August 23, 2015

Healthier lifestyle changes- home made plantain amala.

So one of my lovely readers sent me this receipe. If you are trying to eat healthier or if you are just a DIY kinda person then this is definitely for you. I think all the pictures are pretty self explanatory, but i'll run through them just because. 
The key ingredient for plantain amala like we all know is unripe plantain. So, if you happen to have a plantain tree in your house and it's killing you waiting for all them plantain fingers to ripen up then I'm sure you'd be happy about this discovery.
Okay!
1) So 1st of all, you'll peel the skin off the plantain and dice it into small bits. 
2) you put the diced plantain into your blender and add a little water just so it's easier to blend it to a fine paste


3) after blending, you should have something like this.
4) pour the paste into a pot on fire, wait for it to boil for a bit and stir continuously .... Just the way you'd normally stir your amala
6) tada!!!!! Your plantain amala is cooked and ready to eat.
7) serve with any soup of your choice. She chose efo riro.
So that's it for this post. If you have any recepies you'd like to share with the world then feel free to email me oyinkanfafo@icloud.com. Until next time my loves. 
Xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. I know that one unripe plantain contains about 117 calories. So I can actually count my calories when I eat this meal! Thanks for the eye opener.

    ReplyDelete