Thursday, April 23, 2015

Let's get WAISTed.

There is this recent craze on social media about waist training and body sculpting in general. You go on social media and you see some girls looking like coke bottle and you are just like "damn girl". Everybody seems to have the smallest waist, the perkiest boobs, the biggest hips and you are just there wondering where you were when God was sharing all these things. You might consider yourself a typical "Apple" shaped person or a "rectangle" shaped person, or your own issue might just be that you have too much abdominal fat. Worry no more my child. Help is here.

I have been waist training for about a year and a half now using a steel boned corset which I purchased from orchard corset and I can confidently say I have seen results. Now from personal experience there is one things I can tell you..... Waist training is not magic!!!! It will happen but not in a day like social media claims or even a week. It's a process of slowly moulding and sculpting your body so it won't happen that fast. It requires patience and commitment to see results. The results you get from waist training are semi permanent... meaning that yeah, u will get them, but if u stop waist training long enough and stop eating right u will snap right back to the way you used to be. There are two main types of waist trainers; the corset and the cincher
Latex waist cincher.

Steel boned corset.
There are two types of corsets: the fashion corsets which are not ideal for waist training because they are soft and often made with plastic so they do not offer the much needed squish that the steel boned counterpart does. Because they are made of platic, they are very bendable so they will bend when u sit down, squat or anything of such. They are usually a lot cheaper than the steel boned corset. 
The steel boned corset on the other hand is very rigid so it will compress you and "redistribute" your fat just the way you want it to. They are also a little pricy....but they are very durable(so I guess thats a good thing). Because they are very rigid, they might be a little uncomfortable for beginner waist trainers. Some people say they are painful but I beg to differ.
The latex waist cinchers are ideal for beginner waist trainers. They cinch your waist without causing you any discomfort whatsoever. They are also a little cheaper than the steel boned corsets. Because they are made of latex(mostly) they are easier to hide under your clothes than the steel boned corsets and they give you that seamless hourglass figure that will make heads turn when you walk by.
 In my opinion, the steel boned corsets shape your body the most because of all the bonings in them. They literally mold to fit your body which is why you shouldnt give another person your steel boned corset to wear. The corset will attempt to mold to suit that persons body shape and this could damage the corset. Also I have found that the "fluffier" you are the more compression you are able to achieve from corsetting. Meaning that the more abdominal fat you have the better.....well technically that is
L-R: no corset. second day corsetting, after about a month .
A leaner woman with less compression.


Results!!!!!!!!
WHERE TO PURCHASE: 
1) orchard corset(they do not ship to Nigeria tho) 
2) @krazykulture on instagram
3) shape you
If I find out more places to buy from I would be sure to let you know because I am all about you guys.So yeah! thank you for sticking around till the end. I hope you have found this post helpful. If you have any questions please leave them in the comment section and I will be sure to answer them as soon as I can. Until next time Ciao.

12 comments:

  1. Well done Oyinkan. You're doing well. Wande

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I have also noticed that the steel boned corsets improve your posture and help you sit up straight, so if you are combating back ache then you should get the steel boned corset.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That you Vivian. You are right. The back ache is part of the reasons I got the corset in the 1st place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and insightful! I need to get me a boned corset forbanbjoir glass figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow girl! Interesting...thanx mch. Buh hw do i gt one since itz nt in Nigeria. Plz snd me a means of purchasin dis product ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been doing a lot of research on waist training and your article just closed the deal for me. I'm going to try it,, I figured I'd share this with everybody since I've spent so much time and money 'researching' these things.

    ReplyDelete