Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The wonder that is mist mag.

Hey guys. How are you all doing? I have been down with the flu. So I am literally writing this post stuffed under my blanket and blowing my nose with a warm compress on my forehead and a thermometer in my mouth. Lool! But yeah! I feel better thanks. I have my ophthalmology test coming up on Thursday... Well, it was supposed to be Friday, but because of the May 1st public holiday, we had it moved to Thursday. I thought to have a blog post up before then just so the interval between my posts isn't so long.
Anyhoo, We all know milk of magnesium right? Popularly called mist mag. We use it for various reasons such as;
1) to help with gastroesophageal reflux disease(heart burn)
2) to help when our stomach hurts
3) to treat constipation.
         Now, I know milk of magnesia has been around for a while as a beauty tool but I only very recently decided to give it a try. Wow! That thing is the truth!!!!!!!!! Trust me people, it is a gift from the gods of makeup. Lool! If you always find yourself secreting so much oil, enough to fry an egg maybe, after you have applied your makeup and you have tried various primers but none of them just seems to do it for you then look no further.... I present to you the truth!
I was on my own oh, minding my business one day on YouTube when I saw a video of a lady talking about how mist mag has been kind to her. "Hmmmm" I thought "why not give it a try?" But then I was still a bit sceptical cos I just felt it would cause me to break out and what not. Then a few days later, my friend came back with a bottle of mist mag and was gushing about how she used it as a primer for her makeup that day and how it had stayed on all day, how her face wasn't oily, how the sky was blue and the world was a better place. Lool. And you know what? I was just like "okay! I'm gonna give it a try and I best not be disappointed" So the next day I went off to Healthplus pharmacy and bought myself a medium sized bottle of Phillip's milk of magnesia which cost me #1250. I decided to buy the medium sized bottle because it was large enough to last me a while if it was indeed magical and small enough to be tossed in the bin without feeling like I had wasted my money if I didn't like it. #omoijebu. Lool! The next time I was gonna have a full face makeup I used it with very high expectations. I poured a little amount of it into the plastic cup it came with( just because I didn't want to get bacteria into the whole bottle) and applied it onto my face using my finger. After that, I allowed it air dry(it leaves a white cast) and applied the rest of my makeup like I normally would and OMG guys!!!! I am proud to say that I wasn't the least bit disappointed. I went a step further by using it as a primer for my clients when I did their makeup and it stayed put THE WHOLE DAY!!!!!!! Amazeballs!!!!
          I know you some of you guys might think I am over hyping this thing but trust me I am not. I read a few reviews about it on the Internet and I came across people who said it had caused them to have zits and skin reactions but this hasn't happened to me or any of my clients so until then this remains the truth. I haven't used any other brand of milk of magnesia as a primer and I really don't know anyone who has. So I don't know if it's only Phillips that works this way. Thinking of it.... How on earth did someone think to put mist mag on their face before applying their makeup in the first place? Lool! Human beings come up with the weirdest things. So yeah guys. That's about it for this blog post. Please don't forget to leave any questions you have in the comment section down below and I'll be sure to answer them as soon as I can. Until next time my lovelies. Wish me luck on my test.  Ciao!!!

11 comments:

  1. Lool cool stuff getting more awesome with each post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant blog Oyinkan.
    Hope you smashed the test.
    Proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works perfectly for me and mine isn't a Phillip brand

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am about to try the Nigeria version of the milk of magnesia which we know as mist mag. I hope it works. Would post my review soon

    ReplyDelete