Wednesday, July 15, 2015

An Elegy to my Lady.


My classmate Adjidahun Olusina Micheal wrote this piece a few days ago. He was to present it at one of his meetings with the Quills so he showed me and a few other people to ask what we thought about it. After I read it, I fell in love with the piece and so I asked him if he'd like me to feature it on the blog and he sent me a copy.

Cancer is a disease that has affected each and every one of us one way or the other. We either know someone who is battling the intruder, someone who won the battle or someone who lost the fight. Even if we don't know them personally, we know someone who does and at the very least we can relate from the movies we watch. I hope u appreciate this piece just as much as I did.
**********************************************************
I WROTE THIS PIECE TO BE SUNG FOR MY IMAGINARY FRIEND WHO DIED OF CANCER,I TRIED TO RECOUNT ALL THE SWEET WORDS AND PERHARPS THE BYE I NEVER GOT TO SAY.

VERSE1
I counted myself lucky,
But she believed i wasn't a shorty,
Had better smiles than her mom who was forty,
I jokingly called her mummy,
I was always ready to be her dummy,
'Cause she was the ‘bestest’ thing I called her chummy.
'Twas just one day she told me she had a lump,
Warned her to examine, but she didn't care 'cause she was a fan of Gucci pumps,
That little lump, then one day made her slump,
She couldn't open her mouth thought she had mumps,
She couldn't put up that smile, broken like a stump,
Tears rolled down her cheeks, all gone the good and pomp,
Saw my lovely daisy fading away like pastries,
That lump was a cancer I wish I had the answer
It wasn't within my power
To tell her the lump could take her down the sewer,
On her death bed, She was wasted like the Joker

VERSE 2
I remembered she saying we are the best of friends,
'Cause she was the most beautiful, She kept rocking trends,
My own silly ways yea she did amend,
Even though i was naughty, My ways she did bend,
Made be a better person even when i thought of arson,
She was my Richard Branson,
Always said keep being a virgin,
Can remember those fingers as she taught me piano lessons,
Then she put up a jersey 'cause she loved Lionel Messi,
She was my genie in a bottle aint saying Henessy,
She gave me advice and kept asking what's the next thing,
Her crescent awesome smiles always made me thirsty,
Every morning I hoped her face would be the first thing,
Now I could not say the byes,
Because time's a thief with wings so it flies,
I hope she's happily resting in my maker's arms,
Also thrilling the angels with her billion dollar smiles,
You'll forever be my one and only that's a phenomenon.
                                                                By AJIDAHUN OLUSINA MICHAEL
**********************************************************
I know I said the details of how to enter the #astoldbyhoney giveaway would be up by this post but I am still trying to sort out the logistics . The details would be up as soon as possible hopefully by the next post. 
Until next time my lovelies XOXOXO. Stay safe.

5 comments:

  1. Truely Lovely, one of my mom cousin and my paternal grandpa
    passed away cuz of cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly lovely, I have had loved ones who have passed away cuz
    of cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cancer is a disease that has touched so many lives negatively. I pray that one day,very soon,a cure wouldebe found AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This horrible did was has taken the lives of so many people. I hope one day science would have a permanent cure for cancer. Until then, let us all pray that none of bus would fall prey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cancer is a disease that has touched so many lives negatively. I pray that one day,very soon,a cure wouldebe found AMEN.

    ReplyDelete